I was cleaning up my bookcase awhile back and came upon my Michigan Real Estate and Florida CNA License prep books. I browsed through them briefly for old times sake before tossing them. It suddenly occurred to me that I hardly ever used any of the things these books taught me in my actual work in those two occupations. Almost everything was learned on the job. The most they provided was a general overview of the profession with some added legal delineations, which I transgressed regularly in the field.

Book 'larnin' is only valuable if you then take what you have learned and go outside and roll it around in the mud to see what sticks. My life has told me anecdotally very little sticks. That is the issue with folks that are totally immersed in just the academic side of any profession. They know a hundred ways to fuck but have never met a woman......


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog