More wisdom from AI expressed in a computer generated quote. AI is not big on family values, but we must keep in mind they are not biologically based beings. AI doesn't suckle its young.


There was never one moment in my life that I wanted a family. That would appear to be a little unusual as I look around. I actually had to fight for that status at times. My first wife was doing everything possible to get pregnant until I caught her and pulled the plug, so to speak. I did get a pre-packaged family for 8 years with my last wife. All I needed to add was money. I also saved my mixed race step-granddaughter from disappearing south of 8 Mile in Detroit during a crucial time in her life, so I gave at the office in family matters. Being a beautiful mixed blood girl in the Detroit hoods could have been tough. She is 20 now and doing great in life. I would be lying if I said I did not get some satisfaction from that.

I don't regret a moment of my brief career as a family man. It added depth to my life and I treasure the experience. One huge lesson was that having kids and raising kids are two very different things. But, it was not a natural fit for me. I needed more alone time than family life provided. To quote Martin Mull: "Having children is like having a bowling ally installed in your brain." Plus, if there is one thing the world is not short of, it is kids.....


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog