One of my favorite quotes and pretty much how I have lived my life, though few people realize how much planning true randomness takes. To avoid responsibilities takes constant vigilance and foresight, especially the deeper one gets into adulthood. Responsibilities are lurking around every corner waiting to ambush you. Playing cards as they lay after a deliberate vigorous shuffle or throwing one's life up in the air like a pile of leaves and seeing where the wind takes them can be addictive, not to mention educational.

I am not foolish enough not to realize I had many demographic advantages that enabled me to live the random life. Most folks in the world don't have the opportunity for much randomness in their lives. They are just busy trying to survive. I was raised geographically, ethnically, and economically in the greatest of times as a Boomer. Plus I needed the majority of you to live more linear and productive lives so I could surf in your wake as an outlier. Someone has to keep society's wheels greased and turning. God bless you folks!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog