Sunday's computer generated quote from AI. This one actually makes more sense than most.

I spent a good portion of my life being part of the servant class to wealth and celebrity in various incarnations and capacities. One thing I always observed was the incredible levels of self-deception they possessed with regards to their own self-worth. I came to the conclusion that was part of their success. They had such an inflated view of their own importance that the people around them would start to believe it too. It is the foundation Hollywood is built on. Hollywood is an ego factory and the biggest egos win and are rewarded handsomely. It didn't have to be obvious either. They could come in through the back door with an "aw, shucks" persona like a Jimmy Stewart, Alan Alda, or Tom Hanks and still be totally self-centered and driven to one purpose, fame. I got to be privy to unguarded moments occasionally when they would let down their guard around the hired help. I came away with a theory that a lot of charisma is really just based on super egos addicted to attention and needing approval. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog