As I get older, I look back and realize how many people stronger and smarter than I am crashed along the side of life's highway through the years. Not only physically, but emotionally and intellectually too. That is why those Facebook question posts are so popular. So much easier than real thinking and reflection. Death happens in stages, not all at once. One of the greatest lessons I learned as a geriatric CNA.

In retrospect I realize surfing life and rolling in the mud worked for me. Towards the end of life, material goals and accomplishments start to look silly. Experience beats having stuff every time. Putting yourself in positions outside your comfort zone is the key to adaptability and the ability to change on the spot. The more you experience, the more you are able to experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog