I remember this thought crossing my mind when I drove a cab in Hollywood whenever I picked up an 'actress' between gigs, aka a hooker. So many believed their own bullshit. True that Hollywood is a town built on bullshit, but there is very little room at the top of the pile. I would hear stories all night long about the 'big breaks' just around the corner. Plus, all the Johns that posed as producers, agents, and studio honchos hoping to get a free blowjob. You will never find a place with anymore delusional people per square mile. So many times I was tempted to use the above quote, but I never broke character in my role as a cabbie. I was there for collecting experiences, not offering career advice. They would either get tough and age fast walking the Track or get on that Greyhound headed back to Kansas. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog