I almost envy the folks who have a simple, real faith in God and a hereafter. It does make life and death simpler. But, if there is a God, I can't imagine any bigger transgressive sin than faking belief in him, so that gives me few options. Often people think I am of a religious nature because I paint the Virgin of Guadalupes. Usually, I let it go if it isn't brought up. A few people who have purchased them know I am agnostic, but it doesn't seem to be a deal breaker, as long as a priest blesses it to cleanse it of any sins that I may have imbued upon it during creation.

I have a couple of female Facebook Friends who are Mormons. They just showed up one day and I accepted them. I realized they were in Las Cruces doing their missionary work and were befriending all kinds of degenerate looking folks on Facebook in hopes of flipping a few into the Lord's camp. They are fresh faced, bright eyed, and bushy tailed, and I enjoy seeing simple professions of faith popping up between all the stupid memes, way too cute animal posts, and poorly reasoned out political tripe, from both the left and right, on my wall. Plus, hot Mormon chicks in those shapeless smock dresses kind of turn me on.

Personally, I am trending towards believing we are in a simulation and the Universe was created in a lab by an advanced alien culture. With the progression of AI technology we are experiencing right now, that is not such a radical idea to entertain really. Ironically, I can't imagine a scenario that dovetails better with a literal interpretation of the Bible either. It would appear we are pretty much God's video game. Either way, I have been very satisfied with whoever is playing my character. They have been doing a bang-up job and my game is almost over anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog