I am almost embarrassed to exhibit how ignorant I am of all the 'new' technology, but this story is too good to ignore. I was walking my daily constitutional in the high desert behind my home and stumbled across this SanDisk, exactly as pictured and, appropriately enough, half buried in the sand. I did not have a clue what it was. I put it in my pocket for further perusal at the house. When I got home, I rinsed the dirt off it in the sink. I did make the connection that the name SanDisk was the same name as the memory card I had for my camera, but this was obviously something different. It was bigger and had a belt clip and no way would it slide into a camera port. I was poking and prodding it like a caveman until I noticed it had a charging port like my phone and a USB port like on my computer. 

I started by hooking it up to my phone charger dealy and sure enough it started charging, so the water I cleaned it off with didn't seem to fry it. After the charge I plugged it into my computer and music started to blare. I had googled it by this time it and knew it was a digital music storage device. Unfortunately, it was filled with all the 70's classic rock I can't stand: ELO, Journey, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, REO Speedwagon, Jefferson Starship, etc., just brimful with hours of classic rock hell. It was like finding a wallet on the street and discovering it was empty. At least I did get to experience something technologically new to me that I can now ignore for the reminder of my life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog