I suppose life in one way could be considered just a string of inconveniences strung together with breaks to eat and sleep. This quote is from the "prince of paradox" G.K. Chesterton.
I pretty much realized by the end of high school that I was probably not going to be able to live my life with any form of consistent linear trajectory. In retrospect I truly believe getting my brain slapped around with what I am guessing was about 500 plus mgs of Oswley's finest LSD at 14 derailed any chance of me taking life too seriously from then on. Having no idea that the Kool-Aid I just drank contained enough acid for a bull elephant to trip balls just added to the adventure. I wasn't quite right for a whole week, more likely not quite right for the entire almost 60 years since that fateful day. The deck had been permanently shuffled. Hey, all's well that ends well.
At any rate, and for whatever reason, I have lived life pretty much like a pinball game, getting shot out of the lane and seeing what good stuff I can hit on the way back. In looking back, I realize some of the best times of my life were inconveniences that turned into adventures. Life is way too important to take seriously. Here's to the random life.....
May be an image of text that says '"An adventure is often only an inconvenience rightly considered."'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog