Since I have been painting the Guadalupes I have been called and introduced as an 'artist' several times. That always makes me cringe a bit. Not sure slapping some house paint on a plaster statue qualifies as being an artist. Maybe the guy who designed the statue would be a better candidate for that honor. Painting the wooden plaques really doesn't count either. I am trying as hard as I can to make them realistic, and the closest I come is them looking like a character out of the Simpsons. Fortunately, this can be interpreted as 'Naïve Art' with the right spin. Spinning is my artform, not painting. I much prefer being called an 'asshole'. I have spent many years perfecting the art and craft of being an asshole and would appreciate some recognition. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog