The big idea: Why the laws of physics will never explain the universe | Physics | The Guardian

I always love these kinds of articles about science because I can understand them. I think they appeal to me because I never could understand mathematics and they make me feel smarter. Plus, the guy that wrote this article is a bigtime physics professor, so he must be smart. I bet he passed 'Introduction to Algebra' on his first try! I took it three times and never did pass.

The other angle I like is the emphasis on Chaos Theory, aka the 'Butterfly Effect'. In looking back, I am always amazed at the infinitesimal variables that morphed into huge life changing events in my path's trajectory. Life has been more akin to a pinball game than anything resembling an orderly progression. I have a gut feeling that is how the universe works too. 

And of course, all these theories have to be filtered through our consciousness to begin with, and that will only take us to the edge of a self-created reality. Hopefully mankind will not destroy itself tugging on the tail of a reality it has not faced yet.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
Albert Einstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog