https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-unpredictable-abilities-emerging-from-large-ai-models-20230316/


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9"

And this article is close to a year old, which is practically prehistoric at the pace AI is accelerating. The term 'paradigm shift' has been thrown around pretty loosely for a number of years now, but I have to admit I have a gut feeling we are on the verge of one. We have AI that can write beautiful prose instantaneously, yet we have had two presidents in a row who are not capable of speaking coherently in complete sentences. Something is boiling over on the stove here and we are losing track as to how it all works.

I have not been in school for a very long time now, but I have to question how education even works anymore? Access to instant information literally in your back pocket has had to change the lesson plan considerably.  To paraphrase Elon Musk when asked if and when we would become cyborgs. He replied we already are, and we would just be speaking in terms of degrees from here on out. Smart phones closed that deal. Now we are an incomplete organism without them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog