I am proud to say this is an original quote from me. It was actually a reply to a comment on another FB page a few days ago, but I realized it stood pretty well on its own too.

Having been born with no real natural talent, aptitudes, perseverance, or driving ambition has turned into a plus in retrospect. Historically I would follow my interests until I realized I wasn't very good at whatever it was, lose interest, then move on. This formula for failure assured me of constantly being exposed to new people, places, and experiences, and I developed a chameleon like sensibility to adapt to any situation. Add to this a series of jobs in the servant class to the wealthy in various capacities, and I found myself easily navigating a wide range of social strata also. This eventually all came to fruition at age 48, when I finally found my calling as a real estate agent/white collar criminal/con man in Detroit, a city that nurtured my natural instincts and I could finally take root and bloom briefly, like a Century plant. That morphed into becoming a caregiver for wealthy sociopathic dementia patients in Florida, a niche market only a handful of CNA's could master. Sociopaths need love too. Just kidding, they really don't, but the money was good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog