More advice generated from AI's Inspirobot. AI is doing a bang-up job of leading us down the road to becoming idiots too. Facebook has pretty much become void of any original content. Instead of a culture of individual creativity that Facebook could have become, we have now reverted to hunters & gatherers, combing the internet for unoriginal content to drag back to the communal campfire. 

Something popped up on my computer during one of its weekly updates that was interesting. Now whenever I compose anything on my writing app. a pop up called 'Copilot' asks me if I would like it to rewrite what I have just written. I experimented with it a couple of times and it instantly made the writing sterile.

I decided a good example would be to take one of Jack Kerouac's most famous quotes and give it to Copilot to see what happens.

Jack's original: " The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.'

Copilot's AI version:"The individuals who resonate with me are those consumed by passion, eager to experience life, engage in deep conversations, and seek salvation. They crave everything simultaneously, never succumbing to dullness or uttering banalities. Instead, they blaze with intensity, like magnificent golden roman candles bursting forth, scattering like arachnids against the celestial expanse."

It Completely neutered every ounce of Kerouac's human passion, feeling, and creativity by using bigger and unnecessary extra verbiage. This has to be changing education in a huge way. Soon only AI will be able to write. Or read......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog