I have now reached the age where I do crossword puzzles. It's the law. I bought this puzzle book on Amazon. Right off the bat I noticed something was off with it. 'Loiuqrds' with the clue being 'Bequest', 'Oiyrgbe' with the clue being 'Valleys', 'Pqiurtedsba' with the clue being 'Whiskey'? I looked all those words up just to be sure, but my basic command of English had already told me something was very wrong with these puzzles. Plus, the puzzles themselves were put together very awkwardly.

The first thing I noticed was the book had no company name with regards to publishers. It just said it was made in Coppell, TX in 2023. Then I noticed this message at the bottom of the first page in the book. Kind of says it all. I am guessing this was either made by people whose first language was not English or was generated by AI and the program has some glitches. Either way, it is kind of amazing it got all the way to market. Back to the good old fashioned New York Times Crosswords.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog