The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse | The super-rich | The Guardian

Though I am not too sure why a group of tech billionaires would feel the need to consult a Marxist media theorist for pragmatic ideas to survive the coming apocalypse, this article does kick up the dust on several of my own personal theories on technology and the future.  

I think it is pretty obvious that the economic system as designed now probably isn't going to cut it going forward. There will simply not be enough jobs to do as technology replaces human labor. And I am pretty certain that if humanity has free time on their hands, they will not be using it to play harps and write poetry. It will be way closer to "Idiocracy". The bulk of humans will become modern Neanderthals and die off as a sliver of humanity will evolve and eventually leave the planet. Once they do, they will really start evolving fast as they adjust to new environmental conditions. No matter how many plastic bags we recycle, Earth has a finite number of days anyway. Might as well start making plans now. Not me of course. I am a Neanderthal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog