What Do Near-Death Experiences Mean, and Why Do They Fascinate Us? (getpocket.com)


Another NDE article, this time featuring the ultimate expert on the subject, Dr. Bruce Greyson, who has dedicated his life to studying this phenomenon from a scientific perspective. 

I am still of the belief that it is probably a chemical explosion in the brain at death that creates this experience, but I will gladly take it at the end. One of the nice benefits of an NDE is after people have one, they no longer seem to have a fear of death, though I am finding age has that same effect somewhat. When I was a CNA, I experienced the aftermath of one NDE and was able to talk to the recipient. When I asked him if he had come away with any new belief his one phrase stuck with me all these years: "You know, nothing really matters in this life. We make it all up." The second heart attack took him three weeks later and took away a way happier man I might add.

I have lived my entire life pretty much making it up as I went along. Somehow that is looking like a wise choice in retrospect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog