Writing, taking classes, working puzzles may reduce risk of dementia (msn.com)

I figure I have the trifecta in writing, crosswords, and painting Guadalupes. Add to that my decade's long attempt at learning Spanish, and I think I am in pretty good shape as far as my neurons lining up in a row and holding hands. It would appear to make common sense that using the brain might help it function better. 

I remember at the nursing facility we would wheel all the dementia patients into the 'TV Room' when they were acting up. That would usually calm them down and put them into a catatonic state. It never seemed to matter what they were looking at. Half the time the language was in French because the Haitian CNAs would be watching their favorite shows on their breaks. Sometimes I think our whole society is just one big 'TV Room'. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog