A Timeline of the Sober-Curious Movement Before Sober NYE on CNN - Business Insider

This is some good news I am thinking, though I did my share of drinking and drugging and enjoyed all of it thoroughly. I never was a maintenance drunk or druggie though. I was a binger in search of a little transcendence. I never had much interest in opiates for the most part, and like coke and speed, they always seemed to me to be pretty one dimensional. Coke was the perfect pragmatic cabbie drug though, and one got railed up all night for free in 70's Hollywood. It turned the job into a video game. The reality is no substance from nicotine on up to heroin is good for you, mentally or physically. Your brain already has everything it needs without recreational drugs. Even a good portion of therapeutic pharmaceutical drugs are suspect. Comes a time in life to hang up the phone on all of it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog