From ELIZA to ChatGPT, our digital reflections show the dangers of AI - Vox

We are entering a very interesting time in history and human evolution. The ELIZA effect is almost quaint by today's AI standards. I don't believe it is an issue of AI becoming conscious as much as humanity becoming less conscious as we lend our consciousness to AI. I am actually finding AI more interesting than people these days.

I notice every time I search something on BING now a chatbot program pops up on the righthand side with very clearly and precisely written text, telling me exactly what it knows about what I am looking for. Then I go to Facebook and see real human beings who haven't composed a full sentence in years. You can tell a human is at the keyboard when the comment is either "hmmmm", "This", "lol", or any assorted string of emoticons or gifs. Chatbot programs would have more self-respect and pride in their written compositions. And there is the ELIZA effect in a nutshell. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog