Page 4 of my 80's mini comic marrying baby pictures with articles out of the San Jose Mercury News on the day I was born. This is my late brother holding me and me looking how I always looked around him, uneasy. We were never close.

I suppose Mark would have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome or some other condition on the Autism Spectrum. He had the sharpest eye for detail I have ever seen and that got him the dream rate of being a photographer in the Navy on the USS Enterprise without even trying. He wanted to be a cook. But his social skills were lacking, and he had a hard time processing people's reactions and motives.
Either way, He was my brother, and we shared a few traits. I thank the Lord that my mental illness has been just at the right level for an enjoyable and interesting life, and I am able to be a chameleon and adjust to situations and people as required. RIP, buddy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog