Page two of my little mini comic from the 80's, "My Life to Live", which was all baby pics combined with actual news items out of the San Jose Mercury from April 8th, 1951, my birthday. This was an article buried in the back of the paper, stating that Ho Chi Minh was switching to guerilla warfare, "with which he has more experience." Think of the repercussions of this little article buried in the paper would have on the Baby Boomer generation years later. The one thing I did find interesting was all the pertinent articles were in the back of the paper. The front page was filled with stuff that was transient and meaningless. A lesson there for our times.

I included the photo it was based on. To the locals, I was a month old and this was my first outing to the Municipal Rose Garden in San Jose, CA......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog