The mystery of consciousness continues to elude scientists - Vox

One of my favorite topics is 'the hard problem' of consciousness. That old Catch 22 always comes into play, the only thing we have to study consciousness with is our consciousness. Everything we observe and study is filtered through our own consciousness. Objectivity suddenly becomes very subjective. Similar to the old Emo Philips joke, "I used to think that the brain was the most important organ in my body until I realized what organ was telling me that."

I could not make heads or tails of any of the scientific approaches to explaining consciousness in this article, but I am not very bright and me and science have never been on speaking terms. I am still all for science poking and prodding consciousness though. That is what conscious beings do.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog