You know it was funny, I had these pictures in the hopper to post today anyway, without even realizing it was 'Father's Day', so dear Dad lucked out. I don't believe I have ever posted anything about him on 'Father's Day' before. Again, from a mini-comic I put together in the 80's marrying baby pictures with articles from the paper the day I was born. The San Jose Mercury had a feature every day that was only good news, like this one. My Dad was a very honest and upright man, so this blurb seemed to fit.

I never really knew much about my dad and can count the times on one hand that we really talked about anything. We kind of had an unwritten rule to not bother each other. I was an accident that came at a rough period financially for him and could feel that my whole life. But he kept me fed, didn't beat me, and I had a lot of freedom because my folks were older and through raising kids by the time I got rolling. Plus, they had the gumption and brains to move to California when real estate was cheap in the 40's, and that has made all the difference in my life now. Good show, Dad....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog