A couple of years back I was on the 'High Road to Taos' stuck behind an old pick-up truck loaded down with junk. I did notice there was very little thought or effort put into how his load was secured. I have a suspicion he took the 'High' in 'Road to Taos' very seriously. I was a little nervous and waiting for a chance to get around him, but was too late. On a sharp turn a bunch of stuff fell off his truck, and I was almost taken out by a propane tank that bounced over my car and miscellaneous other deadly projectiles coming towards me. I came very close to a bad ending. I stopped and picked up the junk strewn all over the highway before I went on, as it was on a blind curb and someone would have hit it for sure. I did keep one pretty good sized piece of wallboard that had fallen off the truck. I am always picking up pieces of wood for painting the Virgens. I used that piece of wood to paint this one. That piece had extra meaning somehow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog