Donald Trump is a misogynistic, billionaire felon. Here’s why Americans can’t stop voting for him (msn.com)

Not one for much political posting on Facebook, but I must admit this presidential election cycle fascinates me. It is stirring up the lost and dead soul of the earnest political science major I was at UCSC before the cynicism set in when I began to realize how it really all worked. It is the same attraction as the compulsion to look at a multi-car crash when driving by to see if you can spot any bodies. So be prepared, I may turn into a Heather Cox Richardson on crack, aka using way too many words to explain a political position.

I can't ever recall being more repulsed or repelled on a primal level to any public figure more than I have to Donald Trump through the years, even way before he became a politician. Add to that him ripping off my mentally helpless brother for a couple of grand in his bogus 'Trump University' real estate course and that hit me on a personal level. One of the very few things I have some expertise in is flipping urban property in distressed areas. I was able to peruse this whole course at my leisure and it was simply worthless garbage packaged to appeal to suckers. Plus, as my brother was pretty much living off the family estate, I felt Trump had personally taken me for a couple of grand. I probably paid for one of Melania's asshole bleaching's.

I can't for the life of me understand Trump's appeal. This article is about as close as I have gotten to gaining some perspective on this phenomenon. Trump is the melding of the WWE with politics. He knows that keeping the attention on himself is the key to success in this brain-dead, media-soaked age. Whether it is good or bad attention is academic when you are playing the 'outsider' who has come to save the country. I do remember when Hillary called his followers 'deplorables' and thinking at the time what a dumb move that was, and he brings that up in this article. That helped Trump win that election.

I am still way more concerned who sits on the board of directors of BlackRock Inc. than I am who will win the presidential election in '24. I know who butters my bread and runs the show at the end of the day. Politicians have always been the dumb kids in the back of the class.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog