Page seven of my eight page mini-comic from the 80's marrying baby pictures with actual news articles from the San Jose Mercury the day I was born.

Of course the war they are talking about here is the Korean War, but it sounds like a description of any of the constant series of bush wars that we have been fighting since my birth. We lost the Vietnam War, but I have a closet full of Hawaiian shirts from Vietnam, so I guess we are cool with them now, I haven't kept up. And it looks like the Korean situation has come back full circle to haunt us yet again.
That 'snow' behind me under the Christmas tree was actually spun fiberglass. My father worked at the Corning Glass facility in San Jose at one time and brought home boxes of this stuff to use for Christmas decorations. It was deadly. Little slivers would get everywhere and be a constant torture, kind of like a 'death by a thousand cuts'. But they kept using it every year and it would be annual holiday month of scratching, burning, and itching. I had a suspicion they might be trying to kill me.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog