Association found between dark chocolate consumption, reduced risk of essential hypertension (msn.com)

It has been quite a few years since I gave up drinking, smoking, and drugging. Dark chocolate is my very last vice, and evidently that one is good for you in moderation. Every afternoon right after lunch I consume four squares of 90% chocolate. It is my big thrill of the day that I relish looking forward to. I swear I even detect a little high in my more sensitive, cleaned up biological system.

The term 'chocoholic' has been around a long time, and evidently there is some truth to that theory. There appear to be psychoactive ingredients in chocolate in addition to the sugar and fat that are so often blamed for the 'addiction'. It is still a controversial subject if there is a real thing as an actual addiction to chocolate. I vote yes. To me chocolate has almost a nicotine like addictive quality. Nicotine has always been one of the most insidious and hardest drugs to quit. It chains you to your physical cravings in the subtlest of ways. There was a reason every AA meeting back in the day was always enveloped in a cloud of cigarette smoke. But the one big difference is chocolate appears to be good for one in moderation, where cigarettes are bad for one's health no matter how few you smoke or vape. Plus, you and your house don't stink after eating chocolate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog