I had another experience that shows how these times be a changing. I have not been into my local Wells Fargo Bank since the pandemic started. With online banking there was never really a need too. I had a money order I needed to deposit in person, as I have no Pay Pal, Zelle, etc. Back in the day I had actually enjoyed going into this branch. I even set up an annuity with them and have been very pleased with the product. I got to know the staff pretty well, and like a good business model does, they always made me feel welcome. I had even painted a little office desk size Guadalupe for my annuity manager, as she was very good at her job.


Wowie, what a difference today! No line, as I was the only customer in the bank with one lonely teller on duty. Almost all the cubicles and side offices were empty. I expected a zombie to come charging out of one of the offices. I brought it up to the teller and she said most everyone works from home now and customers do all their banking online. Duh, I was the perfect example, and I am one of the most technologically retarded people in the world, even for my age. Still, it was a bit eerie to see things change that fast. The pandemic simple goosed it along a little faster.

The brick-and-mortar age is about gone. I am not complaining though. I would still rather live in this age than any other, plus technology has many advantages as one gets older too. I can live without ever going into a store or bank again quite comfortably. The ease of online transactions gets easier and easier. Now the only issue is if AI figures out it can live without us quite comfortably too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog