My buddy Melissa's and my movie this Sunday was 2018's "A Simple Favor" and it was very good! It surprised us both, as the trailer looked to be a fairly standard sassy, suburban comedy, but the film turned into much more. It skillfully combined comedy, mystery, suspense, and enough plot twists to keep us spinning with second guessing the whole time. On reviewer hit it on the head with calling it 'Mommy Noir'.
Beings as I have been out of the pop culture loop for so long, I have no idea who all the new actors and actresses are. They all did great in this flick, but Anna Kendrick stood out in her role and stretched her character in every direction possible perfectly. I will be definitely keeping my eye on her if she pops up in further movies. Evidently a sequel is in the works as I write this with all the same folks, and I am betting it will be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog