I didn't watch the debate. They are way too scary to watch these days. They really aren't technically debating anyway. We aren't talking Lincoln/Douglas here, where cognizant ideas are presented and discussed in complete sentences you can diagram. Now they are pretty much just meme mines for the proles to plaster all over Facebook the next day. For sure we are getting the two candidates we deserve as a people if Facebook political posts are any clue.


It pretty much turned out how I expected it would from the highlight clips I have seen. Trump's first debate with Biden was like he was debating a vegetable and it even made Trump seem relatively cognitively with it. No wonder Trump is missing Biden right now. Harris is no brain trust by any means, but there are definitely some dementia and psychological issues going on with Trump that she jumped on and exploited. Trust me, I know all the signs and clues from my work experience. Add to those some historical mental health problems and he goes off the rails like he did during this debate. When you listen and see old videos of Trump speaking 20 to 30 years ago you can see how he has slipped cognitively. Trump is no kid either. Like Biden, this will not get better. At 73 I can say 78 is probably too old to be President.

But as I have brought up before, the office of the President is not nearly as powerful as we are led to believe it is and getting less so as the entrenched level of bureaucracy grows. If I believed it was, I would be a lot more nervous right now with our two candidates and the two a heartbeat away from being president. Our political system is decaying fast. I just need it to hold together for another10 more years or so, then you kids are on your own. Truthfully, I only keep track of the cognition and sanity levels of a handful of people, and they would not be household names: Larry Fink, Salim Ramji, Walter W. Bettinger II, Will Fuller, Abigail Johnson, Yie-Hsin Hung, and a few others. Should any of them ever start sounding like Trump or Harris, then I will start sweating and head towards the exits.

Now there is one thing about debates that always perplex me. Is there anyone out there that is actually vacillating between voting for Harris or Trump and that a debate performance will change their mind? No one I know. I would think people would pretty much know who they are voting for between these two from the get-go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog