30 years ago, at the age of 43, it suddenly dawned on me I was never going to mature into a fully grown functional adult, and I best find other options to live out the rest of my life. In retrospect that was a wise decision. The one thing I learned as a geriatric CNA is we revert back to children if we live long enough. I just cut out the middleman and stayed the course my whole life.

The first requirement was to not have any children of my own. Then adulthood is forced upon you, ready or not. Ironically, probably the most mature and responsible decision I ever made was not to have kids. The world has more than enough that are not being loved or cared for. My own parents were integral in helping me make that decision. I always had the gut feeling my parents had kids to use as props because of the pressure to have a nuclear family back in the day. They really did not enjoy their children, and by the time I came along at the tail end they had lost interest in any semblance of parenting. It did give me tremendous freedom, which I exploited to the fullest. I really have no complaints either. I was never physically abused, was housed and fed, and had basic dentalcare provided. I am quite sure if I had raised any kids, they would have become school shooters or tower snipers. I don't have the Ward Cleaver gene.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog