The 10 Best Yoga Poses To Do Every Day, According To The Pros (bustle.com)

I was never a very good hippie considering I was raised in the heartland of hippiedom at the height of its gestation period. I was pretty good at the taking drugs part and growing fashionably long hair, but most of the spiritual and political stuff didn't take root in my brain. I remember when Yoga first got popular and dating a girl who actually taught it, but I never paid it much attention. Then it became a fad with middle class housewives in the 80's along with all the other exercise routines that rode on the back of everyone owning VHR machines and the popularity of exercise tapes.

I have an exercise routine and walk my 10k steps per day, but neither of those activities target range of motion as effectively as yoga does. If there is one thing I learned as a geriatric CNA it is that once you can't get up off the floor on your own without clinging to furniture you are on your way down that slippery slope to Shady Acres. I am not quite decrepit enough for chair yoga yet, so I do these basic poses daily. My form is not quite as aesthetic and symmetrical as the women in these pictures, but I am impressed with how I feel afterward. It for sure improves my ROM and makes me feel some energy moving around my body. High recommended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog